Living in Guangzhou you main medium for finding information and making friends will be WeChat APP. The tricky thing is that you can only join WeChat groups if you scan a QR-code (when the group is still small) or someone inside the group invites you. This can be difficult for those who are new to the city.
That’s why we at Guangzhou Expat operate a number of WeChat groups that we can invite you to.
Our groups include:
- Group for every district in Guangzhou, tell us where you live and work, we can add you to the right group(s)
- General Q&A group for all discussions related to Guangzhou
- Healthy habits group for those who want to get healthy with others (you need to share your goal with us in order to get in)
- Freelancers group for freelancers
- Business owners group for those who are the owners of registered businesses
- Family life group for discussion about kids and family
- Pet adoption group for those wanting to foster or adopts cats/dogs
- Second Hand group for buying and selling
- Foshan group
How to join?
- Scan the QR-code with your WeChat or add the account: guangzhouexpat1
- When you add us, leave a message which group you want to join
- Wait for our reply
WeChat groups for different countries/nationalities
Many nationalities or countries have their own WeChat group where you can connect with people from your own country. To join these groups please add the admin on WeChat, you can find the WeChat ID’s below.
Finland: yaxuefang (Sara)
France: nathaliepariscanton (Nathalie)